The Carmex Unstoppable Dreams Contest Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary
- Entry Period: The Carmex Unstoppable Dreams Contest (the "Contest") begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on June 3, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 15, 2016 (the "Entry Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Carma Laboratories, Inc. ("Sponsor") and any of their affiliates, parents or subsidiaries, respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies and advertising and promotion agencies (including Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. and VaynerMedia, LLC) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses), and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- How To Enter the Contest: During the Entry Period, you may enter the Contest in one of two (2) ways:
All material submitted to Sponsor in connection with this Contest, including the Video and post/caption shall be referred to herein as the "Entry", but only the Video will be judged; additional copy and/or caption accompanying the Video will not be judged. The person submitting the Entry shall be referred to herein as the "Entrant." Entrants may submit multiple Entries, so long as each one is unique. The Video length may not exceed 30 seconds. The maximum file size of Video and the acceptable formats must meet the terms of the specific method Entrant is using to enter, as described above. Each Entrant attests that he/she has made all those depicted in the Entry aware that he/she is submitting an Entry containing them in this Contest, and all depicted (or the parent/legal guardian for any minor depicted) have agreed that Entrant may submit such Entry. Further, the Entrant who is determined as the Grand Prize winner may need to obtain a release from those depicted in his/her Entry (or the parent/legal guardian), if applicable, prior to being confirmed as the official winner. All Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on July 15, 2016, to be eligible. By entering, you understand that your Entry, in its entirety or any portion thereof, (in Sponsor's sole discretion) may be used in Sponsor-selected media in perpetuity without compensation unless required by law. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrants' online service will apply and are Entrants' sole responsibility. Data/usage charges may apply if entering via your mobile device. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged Entries. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- To Enter Via Facebook: You may visit the Carmex Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/carmexlipbalm and post a 30-second or less video ("Video") directly to the Carmex Facebook timeline that depicts your dreams and aspirations related to a business or product. You must include the hashtags #InPursuitOf and #Contest in the post. Your Video and post must be uploaded in accordance with the Facebook Terms of Service available at https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms. You must have a Facebook account to enter via Facebook. If you do not have a Facebook account, you may create one for free at www.Facebook.com.
- Contest Entry Requirements: In the event the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that any Entry contains content that does not comply with these Official Rules, is inappropriate, or does not otherwise comply with regulatory guidelines, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entry, remove the Entry or, if Sponsor determines, edit the content of the Entry. All Entries must comply with these Official Rules and the registration instructions in order to be eligible. All Entries must be the sole, original work of the Entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize any portion of the Entry from any other source. Entries may not have been published previously or have been submitted in any other competition. The Entrant must own all rights in and to the Entry (if someone else took the Video, Video must be owned by Entrant). Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image, or desired image, or they will be disqualified. The Entry may not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate images/text; and may not include nudity, acts of violence, acts that appear to cause injury or harm, or acts that are illegal or dangerous, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries may not contain any third party materials, and may not contain any materials that, violate or infringe (or may be at risk of infringing) any third party rights, including without limitation copyright, trademark rights, privacy rights (including portrayal in a false light), publicity rights, or other intellectual property rights. Entries should not contain logos (other than Carmex), marks that identify a brand, or other personal or proprietary materials of any entity or person living or deceased. Therefore, be careful not to show any logos on clothing or in the background of your Video/Entry. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an Entry is eligible. Any Entry that violates this section or is otherwise objectionable (as determined solely by Sponsor), will not be considered and will be disqualified. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries will be disqualified. By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants the Sponsor and its agencies the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide rights to use, reproduce, publish, edit, market, store, adapt, assign, sell, dispose of, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry or excerpts of the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) in perpetuity, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated applications, galleries and/or other Sponsor-selected media).
- Determination of the Grand Prize Winner Each Entry Video will be judged by representatives of the Sponsor, based on the following criteria:
34% - Exhibits extraordinary hard work and determination;
33% - Shows remarkable resiliency and optimism;
33% - Displays a desire to drive positive change via business or product
The Entry that receives the highest score will be deemed the Grand Prize winner, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based 100-percent (100%) on how they each exhibit extraordinary hard work and determination. Decisions of the judges and Sponsor are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. By participating, Entrants agree to the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Under no circumstance will information regarding judging be shared with Entrants.
- Prize and Prize Value: Grand Prize (1): A $10,000 check, awarded in the name of the winner. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded.
- Winner Notification: Potential winner will be determined shortly after the Entry Period has ended on or about July 20, 2016. If the potential Grand Prize winner submitted his/her Entry on Facebook, he/she will be notified initially via comment on Facebook which will include directions to send a private message to the Carmex Facebook page with his/her name, email address and date of birth within 72 hours of notification. If the potential Grand Prize winner submitted his/her Entry via Instagram, he/she will be notified initially by direct message on Instagram and required to reply with his/her name, email address and date of birth within 72 hours of notification. If the winner cannot be reached by direct message on Instagram or doesn't provide his/her name, email address and date of birth via Facebook message within 72 hours of first notification attempt, potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be determined. Potential Grand Prize winner will then be required to sign and return, via email, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legal) and an assignment of rights ("Release") within five (5) days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize winner may be determined. Release will be sent via email. Return of any prize notification may result in disqualification and an alternate may be determined. If the potential Grand Prize winner is found to be ineligible or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then that potential winner may also be disqualified and Sponsor may determine the Entrant whose Entry received the next highest score as the Grand Prize winner subject to verification and compliance with requirements applicable to the potential Grand Prize winner.
- General Rules: By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective agents officers, directors, employees and assigns (together with Facebook and Instagram, "Releasees") are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and determine the Grand Prize winner from among the Entries received prior to cancellation.
- Release: You represent and warrant that: (i) all rights to the Entry belong to and are original to you, or you have written consent to use, and the Entry does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, (iii) you hereby hold the Sponsor and Releasees harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Entry and you waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. Participating in the Contest and/or winning the Grand Prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use Entrants' and winner's names, biographical information, pictures/portraits, likenesses, voices and/or Entries, for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant agrees that Sponsor and Releasees will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by Entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest related activity. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
- Disputes: Entrants/winner agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in the state of Wisconsin; Entrants/Winner submit to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the state of Wisconsin for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrants/Winner) be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrants/winner hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants/winner or the Contest Entities in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Wisconsin, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the state of Wisconsin, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Wisconsin.
- Name of Grand Prize Winner: For the first name, last initial, city and state of the Grand Prize winner, available after August 5, 2016 for a period of at least 90 days, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to: Carmex Unstoppable Dreams Contest Winner, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept. AS), Melville, NY 11747.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Contest is Carma Laboratories, Inc. 5801 West Airways Avenue Franklin, Wisconsin 53132.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Carma Laboratories, Inc. and not to Facebook or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used to contact you in the event you are determined as a Grand Prize winner.